Strategic Planning is a continuous activity of PNK. The new Strategic Plan will be updated semi-annually to address the evolution of the 2030 Vision for NKC. The Strategic Planning Committee serves as the EXCOMM’s agent in the integration of the work products of the Governance Committee, the Financial Oversight Committee, the Land Use and Ordinances Committee and the Citizens’ Outreach Committee. The goals, strategies and key performance indicators of the 2030 Strategic Plan will be the embodiment of the Partnership’s evolving platform and, it is hoped, the County’s aspirations.
The Strategic Planning Committee (the “Committee”) of the Partnership for New Kent, LLC (PNK) will assist the Partnership in developing and maintaining a Strategic Plan for the advancement of New Kent County during this period of unprecedented growth. The Committee will report to the Executive Committee (EXCOMM) of the Partnership, and the Chairman of the Committee will serve as a member of the EXCOMM. The Chairman of Partnership Chairs the EXCOMM.
The Committee will consist of at least five members, a majority of whom, including the Committee Chairman, must be residents of New Kent County. The Chairman of the Partnership will appoint one member of the Committee as Chairman. The Chairman of the Committee will be appointed annually by the Chairman of the Partnership.
Meetings and Structure
The Committee will meet at such times as are deemed appropriate by the Chairman. The Chairman and any two members constitutes a quorum of the Committee. The Chairman of the Committee will be responsible for preparing the agenda, presiding over meetings and coordination of reporting to the EXCOMM. In the absence of the Chairman of the Committee, the responsibilities of the Chairman may be performed by any other member of the Committee.
Authority and Responsibilities
The Committee will act as a liaison between its members, the EXCOMM and the Partnership. The Committee will, from time to time, as requested by the EXCOMM or when the Committee considers it appropriate:
● Review with the Chairman of the Partnership the process for development, approval and modification of the Partnership’s strategy and Strategic Plan for New Kent County.
● Review with the members of the EXCOMM (individually or as a Committee) the key issues, options and external developments influencing the Partnership’s Strategic Plan.
● Report regularly to the EXCOMM as required by the Chairman of the EXCOMM and initiate and facilitate an annual review of the Partnership’s strategy and strategic options for New Kent County.
● Assure that the EXCOMM has the opportunity for timely and thorough review of the Partnership’s strategy development and Strategic Plan for New Kent County.
● Meet with the Chairman of the Partnership periodically to assess the County’s performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan and ensure the Partnership is regularly apprised of the County’s progress with respect to implementation of the Partnership’s approved Strategic Plan for New Kent County.
● At least annually, the Committee will assess its own performance and the adequacy of this Charter. The Committee will report the results of these reviews to the Chairman of the EXCOMM and, if considered appropriate, make recommendations to the Partnership to amend the Charter.
The Committee will perform such other duties and responsibilities as specified by the Partnership and the EXCOMM from time to time.
Authority to Retain Experts
The Committee will have the authority, to the extent it deems necessary or appropriate, to retain, dismiss or replace independent advisors to assist it in fulfilling its responsibilities. The Partnership will provide for appropriate funding, as determined by the Committee and approved by the EXCOMM for payment of compensation to any advisors employed by the Committee.